Please consider supporting our work: with your financial support we can get even more food to vulnerable people.

Resources for using surplus food

Any charity or community group running activities with food which imply ‘a certain continuity of activities and with a certain degree of organisation’ is required to register their food operations with their local council/environmental health departments. This is a relatively straightforward process and information can be found on your local council website.

The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has produced some guidance on which types of activities need to register here:

Food Safety